Family Hub Parents / Relatives Resource Centre officially opens
- Based on “Family-centered Empowerment Model Structures” to strengthen the support among family members and enhance the understanding and mutual help among families;
- To enhance the caring capabilities of the carers and strengthen family solidarity through individual and group counselling services;
- To strengthen community support and network of the carers through mutual support groups;
- To relieve stress of the cares through diversified support services;
- To enable the carers in early understanding, identification of the needs and proper management of their family members with disabilities through the provision of the community resources and information;
- To promote public understanding in families of persons with disabilities and the concept of PHAB integration through public education.
Parents, relatives and carers of persons with disabilities
SCOPE OF SERVICES
1. Individual and group counselling services
- Provision of individual and group counselling services for carers
2. “Carers Academy” Training and Support Programme
- Provision of a wide range of training and support services on interpersonal relationship, provision of educational information, emotional health, sports and relaxation, interest development, and volunteering by the Academy.
3. Consultation Service
- Provision of consultation service to assist families of persons with disabilities to resolve difficulties encountered and understand the community resources.
4. Public Ecucation Program
- Organization of exhibitions, public performances, carnivals, talks and workshops to arouse public attention on persons with disabilities and advocate equal opportunities for the persons with disabilities.
FAMILY MEMBER APPLICATION FORM
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE
1. The applicant must be a Hong Kong resident.
2. Membership are on family basis. The applicant should be parents, relatives or carers of family members with disabilities.
3. The membership fee is based on the announcement from Social Welfare Department.
4. Annual membership is valid from 1 April to 31 March of next year.
- Members can withdraw their membership by filling in withdrawal form and returning it with membership card to the centre in person or by mail.
2. Membership fees paid will not be refunded. Membership will be expired after 31 March of each year.
3. The centre has the right to terminate the membership of members who violate centre regulations.
Family Hub Parents / Relatives Resource Centre
Address : Unit 107 & 109, G/F., Kwong Ping House, Kwong Fuk Estate, Tai Po, New Territories (Temporary)
Telephone No.：2638 9011（Temporary）
Fax No.：2638 9061（Temporary）
Monday to Thursday & Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday and Public Holidays Closed