Jockey Club PHAB Camp was built in 1979. It has become a campsite that well-equipped with modern and barrier-free facilities, for bringing new camping experience to people with or without disabilities. Sponsored by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust for camp re-development, a brand-new camp site was established in 2015, and equipped with a full range of audio-visual facilities, multifaceted sport training equipment and cosy accommodation. The camp accommodation capacity has been increased to 124 residential campers and 160 day campers, in order to serve needs from different people.
All facilities are suitable for physically handicapped and abled-bodied people.
The Camp provides multi-faceted facilities, including Multi-Purpose Hall with full range of audio-visual equipment, Multi-Purpose Activity Rooms, Seminar Room, Barrier-Free Climbing Wall, IPSC Indoor Air Gun Shooting Room, Gym Room, Table Tennis Room, Snooker Room, Wheelchair Fencing Room, Basketball Court, Badminton Court, Swimming Pool, Dining Hall, and cosy accommodation with barrier-free washroom and bathroom in each residential room.
The camp is located near Pokfulam Road with natural scenery of the Pokfulam Reservoir. Besides, the camp is close to the heart of city in Central and Admiralty, nearby MTR stations of Hong Kong University and Kennedy Town. There are also many convenient and direct public transports in the District for going to camp for oasis in the city. For going to the camp, campers may take below public transportation and get off on Pokfulam Reservoir Road:
- Exit A1 of Hong Kong University Station, and change for bus to Aberdeen direction, Bus No. 4, 7, 30X, 37A, 40, 40M, 71, 90B, 91, or 94.
- Exit A of Kennedy Town Station, and change for Minibus No. 23, or 23M.
- Take Bus No. 4, 7, 30X, 71, 91 or 94 in Central
- Take Bus No. 970, 970X or 973 in Kowloon
- Take Minibus from Exchange Square in Central to Aberdeen direction
- Take Minibus from Golden Era Plaza in Mong Kok to Aberdeen direction
- Advance booking is required, the pickup point would be at MTR Kennedy Town Station.
- If special arrangement is needed, please check with camp staff well in advance.