- Based on “family-centered Empowerment Model Structures” to strength the support among family members and enhance the understanding and mutual help among families;
- To enhance the caring capabilities of the carers and strengthen family solidarity through individuals and group counselling services;
- To strengthen community support and network of the carer through mutual support groups;
- To relieve stress of the carer through diversified support services;
- To enable the carer in early understanding, identification of the needs and proper management of their family members with disabilities through the provision of the community resources and information;
- To promote public understanding in families of persons with disabilities and the concept of the PHAB integration through public education
- Parents and relatives of person with disabilities.
Scope of Services
- Individual and group counselling services: :Provision of individual and group counselling services for carers.
- “ Carers Academy” Training and Support:Provision of a wide range of training and support services on interpersonal relationship, provision of educational information, emotional health, sports and relaxation, interest development, and volunteering by the academy.
- Consolation Services:Provision of consultation service to assist families of person with disabilities to resolve difficulties encountered and understand the community resources.
- Public Education:
Organization of exhibition, public performances, carnivals, talks and workshop to arouse public attention on persons with disabilities and advocate equal opportunities for the persons with disabilities.
Application requirement and procedures
- The applicants must be a Hong Kong resident.
- Membership are on family basis. The applicants should be parents, relatives or carers of family members with disabilities
- Annual membership is valid from 1 April to 31 March of next year.
- The membership fee is based on the announcement from Social Welfare Department.
Address: Shop Nos. 105-105A, Level 1, Plover Cove Garden, No.3 Plover Cove Road, Tai Po, New Territories
Tel: 2656 2138
Fax: 2656 2213
Address: Unit 107 & 109, G/F, Kwong Ping House, Kwong Fuk Estate, Tai Po, New Territories
Tel: 2638 9011
Fax: 2638 9061
Mobile phone: 97621831
Email address: email@example.com
|Monday to Thursday||9:00am – 6:00pm|
|Friday||12:00pm – 9:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am – 6:00pm|
|Closed on Sunday & Public Holidays|